Sorry, this position has closed.
Thank you for your interest.
The Leg Ulcer Forum was established in 1993 by a group of expert enthusiasts following the first university based national leg ulcer course. The Forum has gone from strength to strength and has a dedicated executive comprising specialist practitioners and educationalists involved in clinical and education practice. The Forum also has a network of committees in Scotland and Ireland as well as key links to Wales ensuring evidence based practice is promoted throughout the UK.
Title: Self-employed Leg Ulcer Forum Administrator
Salary: £10 per hour with maximum of 5-10 hours per week unless agreed in advance with the chair
Equipment: Laptop and phone will be provided
The role of administrator involves:
• Liaising between the charity and new/existing members.
• Organizing a database of members by region in line with current legislation.
• Carry out executive committee administration such as writing agendas and minute taking.
• Be able to respond to telephone/email enquiries in a timely manner e.g. next working day.
• Liaising between the charity and corporate sponsors.
• Attending a 3 day wound care exhibition once per year (paid 25 hours for the 3 days).
• Attending 1-2 Leg Ulcer Forum study days per year (paid 10 hours per day).
• Attending 3-4 executive committee meetings per year (paid 10 hours per day)
The following competencies are required for this position:
• Must be competent with excel
• Must be competent with word
• Must be competent with outlook
• Must be connected to broadband
• Must be in area with phone signal
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Good written communication skills
• Identify problems and create solutions to overcome them
• Work with executive chair to achieve solutions to problems
Planning and organizing
• Excellent record keeping and data collection
• Good analytical skills
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
The following competencies are preferred for this position:
• Ideally applicant should have driving license and vehicle
• Ideally applicant should have some storage available for small exhibition stands and literature
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees are responsible and accountable for:
• Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
• Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
• Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
• Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment
Please indicate why you feel you would be suitable to take on this role, highlighting your skills, knowledge and any experience you feel relevant. You can add a CV if you have one. Please supply a character reference and if possible a previous or current work reference.
Email your application to info firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31 March 2018