Following qualification Susan initially worked in Wexham Park Hospital Slough, as a Staff Nurse in A&E. Then moved to Oxford and worked at the Churchill Hospital, John Radcliffe and the Old Radcliffe Hospital before moving into the community in 1982.
Susan has gained a wealth of experience post registration working in the Acute and Primary Care sectors before becoming a Wound Care Specialist Nurse in Chiltern and South Bucks in 2003.
Susan left the NHS at the end of 2012, since that time she has continued to work as an Independent Tissue Viability Consultant Nurse, and joined the team running the MSc program for Dermatology and Skin Integrity at the University of Hertfordshire. Susan has continued to develop her clinical skills in all aspects of Tissue Viability, and is passionate about the management of patients with Chronic Oedema/Lymphoedema. Prior to becoming Chair of the Leg Ulcer Forum, Susan was the Editor of the Forum Journal for 5 years, and a member of the Forum since 1992.
- Queens Nurse 2010
- Vodder DLT qualification 2014 - to manage patients with lymphoedema
- State Registered Nurse 1979
- National District Nursing Certificate 1984
- Extended and Supplementary Nurse Prescribing 2005
- Family Planning in Society ENB 901 1996
- Diploma HE Professional Studies 2002
- BSc (Hons) Tissue Viability 2004
- MSc Advancing Practice Tissue Viability 2009
- Lead Investigators Course (NAPSA) 2011