After qualifying Helen worked as a Staff Nurse in North East Essex in an Acute Trust on a Care of the Elderly ward. In 1997 the hospital developed a joint post between hospital and community spending 3 months at a time in each role, it was during the 2 years that Helen did this post she developed her passion for Tissue Viability. She was appointed as Leg Ulcer Nurse Specialist in 2008.
The main aims of the service are to care for all Adult Outpatients and inpatients who have leg ulcers and associated complications. The role includes teaching both inside and out of the Trust and running the local Leg Ulcer Management Programme, service development and improvement in the management of leg ulcer care within the Trust.
- RN (adult)
- ENB 998 (mentorship)
- ENB 870 (applications into research)
- Diploma in credit Tissue Viability
- Diploma in credit Dysphagia
- Leg Ulcer Theory and practice (University of Hertfordshire)
- Complexities in Leg Ulcer Management (University of Hertfordshire
- 1995 Diploma in Nursing
- 2005 Bachelor of Science with Honours Health and Social Studies)
- 2016 Masters of Science with Distinction (Skin Integrity Skills and Treatment)